Wednesday, March 24, 2010

A few of my favorite things...

Grace and Peace. Aren't they beautiful words? I am so thankful for the Grace bestowed upon me by my Father.  I am also thankful for the peace that His grace brings to me.  I am duelly blessed.  That does not mean that I am always at peace...my last post shows that!  It does mean, however, that I can seek peace within my Savior and find it in the midst of trials and tribulations. 

I have some friends who, as I write, are facing trials that I cannot imagine.  First, their baby was born with a serious heart condition.  The condition is so serious, in fact, that he received open heart surgery only days after his birth.  He has faced various complications since his birth and daily fights for his life.  His mother and father held him, for the first time, on his two week birthday.  This baby is a fighter and he continues to amaze us all with his strength and determination to live.  God has given this little baby the spirit of a warrior! 

Now, for the next trial.  Their home burned.  While the children were visiting with Grandma and Mama and Papa were at the hospital with the baby, their home caught fire and burned.  What was not destroyed was damaged by water and smoke.  God showed His mercy, however.  No one was home to be harmed.  A precious memory book, containing memories of a child lost to them a few years ago, was spared.  Precious heirlooms survived the destruction.  All in all, the fire was...dare I say...blessed.  The local news station came and interviewed my friend and her husband.  Thousands of people now know of their plight and are now praying for them and reaching out to them in numerous ways.  Above all, this couple has shown the Peace and the Light of Christ through this whole ordeal.  Their actions and their words have glorified our Heavenly Father throughout it all.  They have given praise to Him, leaned on Him, and glorified Him.  They are finding their peace in Him.  I believe that they are storing up precious treasure in Heaven...I also believe that the Lord will bless them for their faithfulness.  I am so thankful to have a Father who loves, and loves to bless, His children.  I cannot wait to see what He does next in the life of this family.

Grace and Peace...what a wonderful gift.

No comments: