Thursday, March 11, 2010

Did you ever....?

Did you ever get the impression that you had hurt someone's feelings or disappointed them somehow...but you had NO idea how?

Thus I find myself sitting at the computer at 5:30 in the morning, unsettled in my heart, because I feel that somehow we have offended a family who we love dearly.  Things have not felt right, between our two families, for some time now and I do not know why.  However, I thought that perhaps things were on the mend.  They had closed themselves off for a long while; not telling anyone anything about what was going on in their family.  Their family was going through some rough times. In the past, my friend would have called and asked for prayer, but, I was clueless because she did not.  I must stop and admit guilt here, though.  Because I sensed tension I backed off.  I thought maybe my friend needed space.  I did not want to seem overly pushy and I hoped that she would come to me when she was ready and talk to me about what was so heavy a burden on her heart.  She never did.  Occasionally, I would ask her how I could pray for her.  I would ask her how she was doing.  I would receive a non commital answer and I would move away. Should I have pressed?  I didn't think so at the time, but, now I wonder if I did not choose the wrong course of action.  My daughter, in speaking with their daughter was informed that their family was being cautious regarding us.  Had we proven ourselves untrustworthy?  I was confused.  What did we do?  Why did they not tell us we had done it?  Why did they not come to us and admonish us if we had done something offensive?

Recently, however, it seemed that they, as a whole family, were opening up again.  I was so excited!  My friend wanted to share with me again!  She wanted to talk to me! 

**sigh** and now, I am not so sure...

We apparently have offended them again in some way.  I do not understand.  Is this some ploy by the enemy (yes, I mean satan) to divide our two families?  What is going on?  I am sick in my heart about this.  I am one of those people who naturally shy away from conflict.  I am not brave about confronting someone when I feel that there is tension.  This morning I feel compelled to strap on the big guns.  I am going to get down on bended knee and ask the Lord for some serious strength and courage.  I am going to ask Him for wisdom.  I am going to ask Him for love.  I am going to ask Him for words to crck the shell of angst between us. Then, I am going to go and talk to my friend.  I am going to ask straight out...what is happening here?

We love this family.  They have been with us through so many things.  I cannot fathom not having them in our lives.  They were there for us when we first became believers.  They answered questions and they patiently guided us through ups and downs.  I, for one, am not going to lie down and watch as the enemy destroys our relationship.  I am going to fight.

So, if you happen upon this blog today and you are a believer and the Lord compells you...would you please pray for me?  I am not very good at slaying dragons...praise the Lord, He has given me armor to protect me and help me defeat the enemy.  Please pray that I will win this battle.

No comments: