Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Seasons...

Everyone talks in terms of "seasons."  This season of your life, that season of your life...This is a busy season of your life...etc.  Aren't they all busy, though?  I mean, yes, we can break things up and say 'I was busy doing blah-blah during such and such a time..." however, I think that people actually feel that this will end.  They feel that the business will somehow end, mysteriously disapear.  Folks--it doesn't end until we die...or Jesus comes...and even then, we may still be busy, we just will not care because we will be joyfully serving the Lord (or at least, I pray that you will be.)  I think that we get this idea in our heads that someday, somehow we will be saved from "business" or is it busy-ness? My prayer is, not that I will be saved from busy-ness, but, that all that I am doing glorifies and is for one Person.  God.  I do not mind dropping in my tracks if it is for Him, however, if I am so busy just because I am serving my self, my pride, and seeking my own glory...I have a serious problem.  Woe and whoa--to those of us doing that.  I do realize that in our human sinfulness, we do not always seek the godly and eternal things, but our main focus should be the Lord, not ourselves.  His glory and not our own. Well...those are just the thoughts running through my brain today. Grace and Peace!

No comments: