Monday, January 01, 2007



Some have asked us, "Why 'Trust' and 'Obey?'" Well, it's like this...Papa is Trust, 'cause as the holder of the position of Grand Puba, Leader of Our Home...he really has to put his faith and trust in the Lord and His Word. As head of the household he is looked to for protection, teaching, leadership (both spiritually and familially), guidence, support, and he is the sole financial supporter for our growing family. Who does he look to for guidence, but God? Who does he look to for protection, but God? All of those things and more...God is faithful and has promised "never will I leave you, never will I forsake you." He puts all his trust in our Father. That's why he's called Trust.

I am called Obey, because that is my goal in this life. I am trying to be as godly a wife and woman as I potentially can be. That means obeying not only God but my husband. That means submitting to the authority of both. If I submit to God than my submission as wife should automatically fall into line. No, this does not mean slavery. It means joyful servitude. I live to serve my God and my family. And I try to do it joyfully and with an obedient heart. But being human and a sinner, it's very hard to keep my heart cheerful and obedient. It's hard not to be selfish and throw tantrums when I don't get what I want or things don't go my way. But just like with our own children, God wants us to obey when He says 'no' or 'not yet' or 'that's not good for you.' We should not kick and scream in defiance...we should bow our heads and say 'Yes, Father, Your will, not mine, be done.' Thus I am Obey.
Our sons are Hopeful ( the eldest ) because we are hopeful for him. Loyal the younger boy displays that admirable trait everyday.

I know that all of this probably sounds very alien to some of you; but, we as a family have committed ourselves to God. In Him is where our hearts lie.
Love you all and God bless!

No comments: